Manager, IT Operations Transformation
WNA POSITION DESCRIPTION: Manager, IT Operations Transformation
Immediate opportunity. YES—WE ARE HIRING NOW.
Are you a dynamic, highly motivated and inspirational leader and consultant with a history driving technology-enabled business transformation in the world’s largest organizations? Are you an outstanding communicator, presenter, facilitator, and organizer, skilled at moving business and technology organizations to accelerate significant change? Are you an experienced technologist, IT Operations thought leader, and intimately familiar with innovative, integrated DevOps and SAFe agile approaches to solution design, development, and deployment? Are you an outstanding program leader, with the capability to clearly define objectives, scope, requirements, and roadmaps, and assemble and align the resources to accelerate business results? Are you looking for your next role on a fast path to senior leadership?
WNA is seeking a Manager, IT Operations Transformation to lead and drive significant, enterprise level technology change initiatives in Mobility, Telecom, and FinTech. This WNA leadership position will collaborate with, advise, and direct WNA team members, client senior executives and team members, and other vendors to implement customer-focused business and technology transformation. We seek self-driven leaders who have a passion to solve complex problems. Quick learner with willingness to flex into new areas and have strong relationship building and solution selling skills.
- Success leading IT Transformation programs and teams in Fortune 500 companies as a consultant or internal program leader.
- Drive strategy to solution to impact. ID, create and exploit opportunities for operational improvement in complex business and IT environments. Define strategy, organize, mobilize, and work the hands-on delivery.
- Expertise in DevOps modernization, system resilience & availability, and specific operational challenges such as production change control, software lifecycle management, hardware lifecycle management, defect management, issue & incident management.
- Data Driven—deep understanding and use of stats & analytics to move from data to information to insight to solution. Expert knowledge of data analytics, operational analysis and reporting, and experience drawing insights from information to drive operational improvements.
- Conceive and articulate pragmatic agile transformation approach that addresses differing organizational maturity levels in the Agile transformation process.
- Collaborate directly with teams to coach and guide them on the mechanics of Lean Waterfall, Lean and Agile methods to achieve optimal team and operational effectiveness.
- Provide hands-on leadership of individual teams in all aspects of DevOps and Agile transformation and expose teams to the latest innovative thinking and ideas from the Agile community to increase agility, leveraging lean, Scrum, and other agile thinking.
- Technology-enabled Customer Experience—experience modernizing complex agile, DevOps order to cash and care environments, and creating system functionality, availability, stability, and resiliency to improve external customer and internal user experiences.
- Turns concepts into reality—solutioning, proof-of-concept, implementation, continuous improvement.
- Anticipates potential problems, identifies risks, and plans contingencies.
- Seeks to collaborate and create coalitions. Ability to process a wide range of inputs and deliver quality content on tight timelines with dynamic priorities.
- Outstanding communicator in verbal, written, presentation and multimedia form. Distills complex technical information into articulate, visual, and widely consumable content for clients and senior executives. Skilled presenter and seller—creates advocates.
- Strong executive facilitation and coordination skills for requirements, design, and reporting.
- Financial Management—experience with business case development, agile, quarterly, and annual budgeting, forecasting, tracking process, cycles, and the funding approval.
- Selling Skills – Extend and expand WNA’s client business. ID and close on new business opportunities based on solutioning, delivery and relationship development.
- WNA Evolution – Lead and contribute to the growth and development of WNA. Participate in and improve WNA selling, delivery, recruiting, retention, and knowledge capital.
- Telecom, Mobility, FinTech and/or Financial Services industry experience. Telecom or wireless experience in large carrier environments is a plus.
- 6-10 years business, technical and consulting experience. Bachelor’s degree and top grades from top schools. MBA or related graduate degree is a plus.
Competencies and Attributes:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following characteristics and competencies that define the culture at WNA:
- Leadership – Inspires positive action leading to desired results; Motivates teams, both WNA and client, toward a common goal; Leads by example; Models an economy of effort and achievement; Demonstrates a standard of excellence that creates alignment around business benefits and objectives.
- Integrity – Shares principles and values core to WNA, including honesty and teamwork.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve sales and service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with Market Segment goals.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve client business goals; Understands clients strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies clients external threats and opportunities; Adapts solutions to changing conditions.
- Innovation – Takes initiative; Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for solving problems and identifying business needs; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention and gains trust of the client.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Influences and negotiates without conflict; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates executive level conversation and presentation skills, including deft objection handling; Generates excitement and enthusiasm.
- Presentation – Develops vivid images and stories to support communications; Incorporates graphics, data and text in a seamless and coherent way to help clearly articulate and summarize client challenges and solutions and WNA’s value proposition. Hands on creation and creativity with presentation development tools including PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and others. Outstanding presentation delivery.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to audience; Presents numerical data effectively; Edits work for spelling, grammar, punctuation and overall quality; Able to read, interpret and summarize large volumes of written information.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data from appropriate sources and applies data science and data analytics; Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Moves along the spectrum from bad data to good data, information, insight, action, impact and results.
- Strong References – Has a strong network of references willing to speak to character, integrity and past success.
Compensation: $140,000 – $180,000+ / year commensurate with skills and experience, including bonus. Significant bonus potential.
Timing / Duration: Immediate Start. Permanent position or multi-year contract, your choice.
WNA is a global business consulting, transformation, and technology solutions provider. WNA brings leadership, solutions, acceleration, integration, risk management and business benefits to our clients' largest, most important, and most complex business and technology challenges. We combine exceptional levels of talent, experience and innovation insights with delivery pragmatism and a relentless focus on program and project-level risk identification and mitigation to get programs done and done successfully. WNA is a dynamic environment with excellent opportunities for people who want to join a growing business and provide unsurpassed leadership and client service to some of the top companies in the world. If you have not heard of us yet, you will. WNA.